Specialised Myotherapy Treatment Focused on Resultant Changes Specific to the Body in Pregnancy
Pregnancy Myotherapy is a combination of light to medium tissue work. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote wellness for the mother and baby. Treatments support the body during pregnancy and may help to easy many discomforts that expectant mothers experience. Getting a massage along with other myotherapy techniques triggers the release of serotonin which is the body’s anti-pain chemical, helping to relieve aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
Other Treatment Benefits:
- Reducing Tension, Ache’s & Pain related to Pelvic & Posture Changes as belly size increases through Pregnancy.
- Headaches can be eased by massage focusing on the shoulders, neck and head
- Stress and anxiety associated with pregnancy can be eased with a relaxation style massage. As relaxation is boosted, sleep patterns can improve in mothers who have trouble sleeping
- Cramps and swelling can be eased as massage encourage blood flow which provides the muscles with oxygen and nutrients
- Breathing may become easier as tight muscles around the lungs and back are relaxed and loosened
Pregnancy Myotherapy is typically done in a side-lying position using pillows to provide support. This position is safe for the mother and baby and from this position, the Myotherapist is still able to massage most of the body. Mother may choose to lay face down if preferred and Able.
Pregnancy Myotherapy can be done at any stage of the pregnancy but is typically done after the first trimester as massage during the first trimester may trigger morning sickness and dizziness.