30 Jan Lauren’s 5 minute prep chocolate chia seed cake
Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidents and great for your bowel. They are an amazing source of fibre and helps keep those bowels moving.
So what better way to enjoy chia seeds than in chocolate cake. Enjoy my 5 minute preparation cake
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes.
- ½ cup raw cocoa (or just use any cocoa)
- 125g softened butter (I used 1/2 cup coconut oil)
- 5 medium to large eggs
- 1 cup (175g) almond meal
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar, or your choice of sugar (I used 1/4 cup of brown rice malt syrup)
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- + / – 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a spring form cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Soak chia seeds in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. The seeds will absorb all the water and swell to form a gel.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk to combine well & break up any lumps (at least 1 minute).
- Pour into lined cake tin.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until it bounces back when pressed in middle.
- Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin.
- Finish cooling on a wire cooling rack.
- Dust with cocoa when cool.
*Must eat quickly as this moist cake is prone to mild, my tip is to freeze small portions for a later date when you are craving something sweet.