28 Mar Current Clinic Updates during Stage 3 Covid-19 restrictions
Updated 16th April 2020
Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and Remedial Massages services are OPEN.
Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine are regarded as an allied health profession by the Federal Government, which is part of essential services.
In response to the combined advocacy of ATMS, ANTA, MMA and Myotherapy Association Australia, the Victorian Government has modified its online advice in relation to remedial and therapeutic massage. The restriction on practice has been relaxed.
There are some premises, for example gyms, wellness centres, health studios, yoga studios, beauty therapy, spas and massage parlours that must stay closed.
It follows therefore that remedial and therapeutic massage services have been relaxed when delivered in a clinic setting.
The full details of the Victorian advice can be found here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-directions-faq
However in order to keep our patients, practitioner and wider community safe during this time we ask that you follow some new procedures
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
Do not book an appointment if you or a close contact have any of the below:
- Cough, fever, sore throat or runny nose
- If you have a respiratory illness
- Have any health condition that makes you more susceptible to cover-19
- Returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- Any contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days,
Please call us so we can reschedule your appointment. We are waving all cancellation fees during this time. Our Acupuncturists & Herbalists are offering phone/video consultation and herbal prescriptions and supplements that can be posted out.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
In order to help adhere to social distancing measure in place by the government we ask that you follow these new rules when visiting out clinic;
• If you arrive early for your appointment, please consider remaining in your car until much closer to your appointment time.
• To reduce the numbers in our waiting areas, please don’t bring other children/family members into our clinic. We only have 2 chairs in our reception to distance you from other patients
• Please use hand sanitizer or bathrooms to wash hands in bathroom upon arrival.
• If you need to sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth and nose with tissues or your upper sleeve or elbow. Please dispose of the tissue in the bins provided. Wash or sanitise your hands afterwards immediately.
AT BALANCED LIFE HEALTH CARE WE HAVE COMMITTED:
High standard infection control to be practiced in our clinics.
• Hand sanitizers for all to use on arrival
• Changing of all towels that are used in all treatment rooms and tables, as well as sterilisation of areas that come into contact during treatment.
• Regular cleaning of all public areas.
We are reviewing these steps regularly in conjunction with current advice from the Australian Government and Public Health authorities. We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our patients, their families and our staff.
So moving forward over next couple of weeks our practitioners will be limited their hours and client load in order to maintain good health. If the status of our clinic changes, closures of any modality or closure of the clinic we will contact you. Thank you for you understanding at this time. If you have concerns or questions please contact us we are here to help.
Take care and be safe. Let’s get through this together.