There is an intimate connection between the body and the mind. Our thoughts can affect the way we act and the way our bodies function. In today’s world; stress, anxiety and depression are commonplace, and they’re wreaking havoc on our health. Naturopathy can help you.
Do you suffer from stress, anxiety or depression?
These feelings can manifest in the body with the following symptoms:
- ‘Butterflies’ in the stomach- that fluttery feeling when you’re nervous.
- Digestive issues likes IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), diarrhoea and constipation.
- A racing heart or heart palpitations (feeling your heart pounding in your chest).
- Feeling exhausted but unable to get to sleep.
- Waking up in the night and not being able to get back to sleep.
- Facial flushing.
- Excessive sweating.
- Shaking or feeling dizzy.
- Lower back pain.
- Skin conditions such as acne or eczema.
- Panic attacks, shortness of breath.
Every person experiences stress in their lives, and this is natural, as we humans are wired with a stress response necessary for survival. It’s when the stress/anxiety/depression becomes constant and regular that it starts to take a toll on the body.
There are many ways to improve your mental health, and Emily can work with you to create a personalised treatment plan specific for your needs.
Dietary assessment: nutrient deficiencies, impaired gut micro-flora, excess sugar, caffeine or alcohol intake all impact mental and physical well-being.
Lifestyle assessment: understanding where your stressors lie, and assessing your coping mechanisms with holistic and lifestyle counselling.
Testing where relevant: blood tests, stool tests and breath tests may be recommended to assess nutrient deficiencies and determine any underlying disease states.
Understanding the mind and what makes it healthy are important steps in improving health and vitality. Remember, you do not have to accept a life of stress, anxiety or depression just because you have suffered through it for so long. There are always ways to change and improve any situation. BLHC Naturopathy can help support you.