A core philosophy of natural medicine is that all health and disease starts in the gut.
You are what you eat, but more importantly, you are also what you digest and absorb!
Do you suffer from digestive issues?
Common symptoms include:
- Excessive flatulence
- Diarrhoea (also traveller’s diarrhoea and parasitic infections)
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Nausea, especially after eating rich, fatty foods
Then there are the other symptoms that people don’t realise are linked to poor gut health:
- Skin conditions– acne, eczema, dermatitis, hives
- Autoimmunity (Autoimmune conditions such as MS, SLE, Coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, Hashimoto’s etc.)
- Behavioural and learning problems (autism and ADHD)
Good digestive health is the foundation of wellness.
At Balanced Life Health Care, Emily treats gut issues with diet and lifestyle modification as well as nutritional and herbal supplementation. She adheres to the philosophy of ‘food as medicine’, and will help you to form an individualised diet and treatment plan that suits your body and your health needs.
Stay tuned for Emily’s first podcast – which will focus exclusively on gut health (especially good digestion and lots of information about healthy bowel movements!). The podcast link will appear on this website once available – you can also subscribe to www.blhc.com.au if you would like the podcast emailed to you directly.