12 Jul High Protein Bliss Balls
Do you get those afternoon sugar cravings?
Apart from making sure you’re eating enough protein for breakfast and lunch, there is a way to satisfy your sweet tooth without resorting to sugary snacks that will spike your blood sugar and cause you more trouble than they’re worth!
Here’s my delicious recipe for my High Protein Bliss Balls.
They’re filled with protein and good fats, as well as touch of sweetness. They’re nutrient dense so they’ll actually be supporting your body, instead of depleting it like refined, sugary snacks will do.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (I used a rice protein powder)
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
(Makes about 10)
- Combine, almonds, honey and coconut oil in a blender and process until you get a nut-butter consistency and the almonds are blended down well.
- Add the protein powder and cinnamon and blend until combined.
- Scoop into a bowl and add 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut to the mixture and mix well.
- Form into small balls and roll them in the rest of the desiccated coconut to coat.
- Place in the fridge to firm up (30 min-1 hour)
These can be made into a mega batch and frozen, for a steady supply of healthy treats!
As long as your child can tolerate nuts, these are a great after school snack for children.
Take two of them to work for your afternoon snack with a cup of Chai tea. Heavenly!
Take a plate of these to your next party or BBQ- people will thank you for them!
About the Author
Emily Robertson is the naturopath and nutritionalist at Balanced Life Health Care. Emily has a bachelor of Naturopathy and has a passion for al things gut, skin and children’s health. To find out more about Emily click here or to make an appointment with Emily click here