Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is highly effective in supporting Western fertility treatments such as IVF and IUI. At Balanced Life Health Care in Ferntree Gully, we will work together to prepare for, during and after your assisted fertility treatments. We are experienced practitioners in the area of fertility and IVF support and our sessions are timed to specifically benefit your wellbeing, and your cycle. During IVF or IUI procedures we are aiming to achieve the following:
- Reduce stress associated with Assisted Reproductive Technologies such as IVF and IUI treatments, and therefore reduces the negative effects that stress an have on the hormones related to reproduction.
- Strengthen and support your body so that your western fertility treatments are more effective.
- Positively affect your hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a major role in fertility, especially with regard to enhancing the development and release of mature and healthy eggs.
- Increase blood flow to your uterus, thus thickening the uterine lining, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting.
- Normalise the systems that regulate your ovulation, [including, in women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)].
- Regulate your menstrual cycle.
- Support luteal phase by helping your body produce more natural progesterone.
Some reading this may be aware that assisted fertility procedures can be disheartening at times, but also give hope to couples who otherwise might not be able to bear children. With the help of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine we aim to unlock your fertility and increase your chances of taking home a baby. Studies suggest that Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have a positive effect on women undergoing IVF (2).
IVF Acupuncture protocols